Thursday, October 13, 2011

Perhaps, Perhaps

Perhaps I am going to get into writing again. Perhaps it's because I met Danzy Senna yesterday and she is a lovely person with a great talent and with two small kids! Granted, she does not have a baaaabbbyy, like I do, but hers are young indeed. So far this morning, I have posted some poems online and edited some too. I have to decide to dedicate myself to it all, yet, but certainly I can work on it when I feed baby in the mornings, instead of checking my facebook again. That is a good place to start.

Speaking of facebook, someone tagged a photo of me with Danzy and yikes! I look like I'm pregnant again. I assure you, I am not (probably not anyway). Hm.

I know that the cycle of writing when you can/taking care of little kids/writing when you can/etc. leads to madness. Some people can't handle it. See: Sylvia Plath. I am not sure if I can handle it either, so perhaps I will try to take a casual, but productive path. It really can't hurt to do email submissiions when they are free and take two minutes, right?

I want to submit to Rattle, Thrush, um. I could start there.

Away, away, away now.... to check my facebook and see if someone commented on my poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment